Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tech Wave

As much as I am ashamed that one of the things that frightened me the most about my new home was the distinct lack of internet access, it is really nice to blogging in bed right now.

Thanks to my handy-dandy wireless modem, I have internet where ever I can think to use it.


Boy did I earn this sleek little portal to the web, though. Natalie and I waited in line for upwards of five hours at the Magti store in Zugdidi (Samegrelo's capital) and had to literally fight our way through a rowdy crowd of Georgian women. At one point I thought there might be a squirmish between some of our fellow que members, but thankfully they were able to work it out.

Now that I have internet I wanted to note that some of my posts are back dated to the day that I wrote them. I don't always have time to post something, or time to type it up if I hand write it first, but I want to maintain a kind of intellectual timeline. So if you suddenly discover that I have five new posts in the last four days when you just checked in a few hours ago, never fear. You have not lost your mind...yet.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting Internet!! I hope you are getting a little settled into your new abode. Love you and miss you very much! Mary

    ReplyDelete